Vietnamese Chicken Salad
Makes: 4 servings
Carbs per Serving: 23.5 grams
Protein per Serving: 44.75 grams
Fat per Serving: 23.25 grams
? 21 oz boneless and skinless chicken thighs, sliced into thin strips
? 3 Tbsp butter
? 3 Tbsp sesame seeds
? 4 1/2 cups chopped cabbage, thinly sliced
? 3 medium spring onions, minced
? 3 garlic cloves
? 3 small heads bok choy, chopped
? 3 Tbsp sesame oil
? 3 Tbsp soy sauce
? 3 Tbsp rice or white wine vinegar
? 3 Tbsp tahini
? 3 tsp grated fresh ginger root
? 3 tsp freshly chopped chili pepper
- Coat the chicken strips in sesame seeds.
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium flame and melt the butter. Cook the chicken strips in the skillet for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro, then transfer the mixture to a plate and set aside.
- Toss together the cabbage, spring onion, and bok choy in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Stir in the tahini, followed by the ginger, chili pepper, and garlic. Mix well, then drizzle over the salad greens and toss to coat.
- Place the chicken strips on top of the salad greens, then serve.