…Velvety Caramel Bites
Makes: 12 pieces
Carbs per Serving: 12.17 grams
Protein per Serving: 2.17 grams
Fat per Serving: 5.83 grams
? 2 oz dark chocolate, 85 percent cacao
? ½cup water
? ¾cup powdered stevia
? 4 oz butter
? ¼cup heavy cream
? 1½cups almond flour
? ¼tsp vanilla extract
? ½tsp sea salt
? ¼tsp xanthan gum
- Combine½cup of the powdered stevia with the water in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Mix well.
- Place the saucepan over medium flame and bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 5 minutes; do not stir.
- Once the mixture has darkened, turn off the heat and add a quarter of the butter,¼teaspoons of salt, and all the cream cheese. Mix well.
- Add the xanthan gum and mix well until smooth. Set aside.
- Set the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a small baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together the almond flour,½cup powdered stevia, and¼teaspoons salt.
- Cut the butter into the mixture until the mixture has a crumbly texture. Add the vanilla extract and mix well. Grate the dark chocolate into the mixture and mix well.
- Add half the mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread out to cover the entire base.
- Add the caramel on top of the crust, and then add the remaining crumbly mixture on top.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, and then place on a cooling rack. Allow to cool before slicing into 12 bars. Serve warm or chilled.