Traditional Beef Chilli
Makes: 9 servings
Carbs per Serving: 1.56 grams
Protein per Serving: 29.44 grams
Fat per Serving: 30.33 grams
? ¾cup olive oil
? 3 lb lean grass-fed, pastured ground beef
? 3 quarts beef broth
? 1 tsp chopped garlic
? 1¼cups finely chopped yellow onion
? 1½tsp cumin
? 3 tsp dried oregano
? 3 Tbsp chilli powder
? 6 Tbsp flaxseed meal
? Sea salt
? Freshly ground black pepper
- Place a heavy duty pot over high flame and heat through. Once hot, stir in the beef and onion and sautéuntil almost browned.
- Once browned, stir in the garlic, chillipowder, oregano, and cumin. Sautéuntil the beef is cooked through.
- Add the broth, flaxseed meal, and olive oil. Mix well, then increase heat to boil. Once boiling, reduce to medium high flame.
- Let simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours or until the chilli has thickened.
- Turn off the heat and let rest for 1 hour. Then, transfer to the refrigerator and chill overnight.
- Before serving, reheat over medium flame and season to taste with salt and pepper. Best served piping hot.