The Classic Omelet
Makes: 2 servings
Carbs per Serving: 9 grams
Protein per Serving: 26 grams
Fat per Serving: 20 grams
? 2 Tbsp butter
? 4 eggs
? 1/2 cup chopped onion
? 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
? 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
? 1 tsp minced garlic
? 1/2 cup diced cooked ham
? 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
? 1/2 tsp sea salt
? 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium flame.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, ham, and bell peppers for 2 minutes or until ham is crisp.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper and whisk until fluffy. Pour into the skillet on top of the ham mixture. Set heat to medium low.
- Cover the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, then carefully turn the omelet over. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on half of the omelet.
- Cook for 1 minute, then fold over the omelet. Cook for an additional 1 minute, or until cheese has melted.
- Take the omelet out of the skillet and place platter. Slice in half and serve.