Tangy Chicken Drumsticks
Makes: 2 servings
Carbs per Serving: 1.5 grams
Protein per Serving: 52 grams
Fat per Serving: 23 grams
? ¾lb chicken drumsticks
? ¼cup chicken broth
? 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
? ½Tbsp balsamic vinegar
? 1 Tbsp butter
? 1½Tbsp minced shallots
? 1 fresh thyme sprig
? 2 Tbsp dry white wine
? ¼cup heavy cream
? 1 Tbsp minced fresh flat leaf parsley
? ½Tbsp Dijon mustard
? 1 tsp tomato paste
? 1/8 tsp sea salt
? 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly season the drumsticks with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Place a skillet over medium high flame and heat through. Once hot, add the butter and swirl to coat.
- Add the drumsticks with the skin side facing down. Cook for 7 minutes, or until browned. Turn and cook the other sides for 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside on a serving platter.
- Stir the thyme and shallot into the skillet and sautéuntil shallots are soft. Pour in the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chicken broth, and white wine.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil, then stir in the tomato paste. Reduce to a simmer and let simmer until sauce is thickened.
- Add the heavy cream, then increase heat and bring to a boil. Stir in the mustard and simmer until thickened.
- Spoon the sauce over the cooked drumsticks, then top with parsley and serve right away.