Sometimes cravings for desserts just can?t be helped. These sweet recipes are included to let you stay true to the diet without depriving yourself.
Rich Chocolate Brownies
Makes: 12 brownies
Carbs per Serving: 18.53 grams
Protein per Serving: 4.67 grams
Fat per Serving: 12 grams
? 1 1/4 cups almond flour
? 2/3 cup stevia or coconut sugar
? 4 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
? 3/4 tsp baking powder
? 2/3 tsp salt
? 6 Tbsp melted butter, cooled
? 5 eggs
? 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
? 2/3 cup 90 percent or pure dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, stevia or coconut sugar, salt, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Mix the egg mixture into the flour mixture very well, then stir in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. To check, poke the center with a toothpick, and if it comes out clean then it is ready.
- Set on a cooling rack for 7 minutes, then slice into 12 pieces and serve.