Special Salmon and Asparagus Teriyaki
Makes: 4 servings
Carbs per Serving: 9.75 grams
Protein per Serving: 63.25 grams
Fat per Serving: 67 grams
? 4 salmon fillets, 8 oz each
? 24 asparagus spears, woody ends removed
? 1 cup and 1 1/3 tsp olive oil, divided
? 1/2 cup sugar free teriyaki sauce
? 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
? 4 tsp minced garlic
? 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
? 2 eggs
? 1 tsp sea salt
? 2 Tbsp cayenne pepper
? Freshly ground black pepper
? Sliced scallions
- Combine the garlic and lemon juice in a food processor and process until well combined.
- Add the salt, cayenne pepper, and egg. Season with black pepper. Gradually drizzle in 1 cup of olive oil as you puree. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking dish using aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, combine the ginger, vinegar, teriyaki sauce and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Season to taste with black pepper.
- Dip the salmon fillets into the mixture and turn several times to coat.
- Arrange the salmon in the prepared baking dish. Pour the marinade on top. Arrange the asparagus spears around and on top of the salmon, then drizzle the remaining olive oil on top. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take the salmon and asparagus teriyaki out of the oven. Take the spicy mayo out of the refrigerator and top with scallions. Serve at once.