Smoked Salmon Maki
Makes: 18 pieces
Carbs per Serving: 3.78 grams
Protein per Serving: 9.94 grams
Fat per Serving: 10.5 grams
? 18 oz smoked salmon
? 3 small cucumbers, sliced into thin strips
? 1 1/2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into strips
? 10 oz cream cheese
? 1/3 cup sesame seeds
? 2/3 cup soy sauce, sugar free
? Pickled ginger, as garnish
- Combine the cream cheese and wasabi until you get a smooth consistency.
- Spread out a sheet of waxed paper, then place the smoked salmon on it, overlapping them slightly.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over each layer. Arrange the sliced avocados and cucumbers together on one side of the salmon layer.
- Roll up the salmon starting with the end that holds the avocados and cucumbers. Use the wax paper to do this.
- Once you have your salmon rolls, pour the sesame seeds on a tray and roll the salmon rolls across it to coat.
- Refrigerate the salmon rolls for half an hour to firm up. Then, with a sharp knife, slice the rolls into 1 inch thick pieces. Arrange on a plate, then garnish with pickled ginger.
- Serve the smoked salmon sushi with the soy sauce in a bowl for dipping.