Skewered Rosemary Lamb with Yogurt Mint Dip
Makes: 5 servings (2 pieces per serving)
Carbs per Serving: 3.2 grams
Protein per Serving: 15.4 grams
Fat per Serving: 11.6 grams
? 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
? 1/2 Tbsp ground turmeric
? 2 drops liquid stevia extract
? 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
? 1 garlic clove, crushed
? 1 star anise, ground
? 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
? 1 lb lamb fillet, sliced into strips
? 1/2 bunch fresh mint, chopped
? 10 rosemary stalks
? 2 oz plain yogurt
? Sea salt
? Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large ceramic bowl, combine the cumin, turmeric, liquid stevia, coconut oil, garlic, cilantro and star anise. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the lamb strips and turn several times to coat. Cover the bowl and refrigerate to marinate for 3 to 12 hours.
- Take the lamb strips out of the refrigerator and skewer them through the rosemary stalks.
- Lightly coat a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray and place over high flame. Grill the lambs for 6 minutes for each side or until browned.
- Combine the yogurt and chopped mint in a bowl.
- Serve the lamb with the yogurt and mint dip.