Rib Eye Steaks with Mushrooms Sauce
Carbs per Serving: 2.33 grams
Protein per Serving: 36.67 grams
Fat per Serving: 31 grams
? 3 medium Rib eye steaks
? 1/3 cup butter
? 3 Tbsp umami paste
? 3 cups fresh wild mushrooms, rinsed thoroughly and chopped
? 1/3 cup heavy cream
? Sea salt
? Freshly ground black pepper
- Set aside Rib eye steaks at room temperature for 15 minutes. Blot out excess blood with paper towels.
- Melt 2/3 of the butter on a platter in room temperature, then coat the steaks with it on both sides. Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place a heavy bottomed skillet over high flame and sear the steaks for 4 minutes per side. Turn over once.
- Set heat to medium and cook steaks for an additional 4 to 11 minutes, from rare to well done. Do not turn the steaks.
- Take the steaks out of the skillet and set aside, covered with aluminum foil, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by placing a small saucepan over medium flame. Heat the remaining butter and add the chopped mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the umami paste, followed by the heavy cream.
- Arrange the steaks on individual plates, then pour the mushroom sauce over each. Serve at once.