Makes: 3 servings
Carbs per Serving: 5.33 grams
Protein per Serving: 62.33 grams
Fat per Serving: 9 grams
? 2 lb boneless pork shoulder, fat trimmed
? 3/4 tsp sea salt
? 1/3 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
? 1/2 tsp ground cumin
? 1 bay leaf
? 1 small onion, halved
? 1/2 tsp dried oregano
? 1 cup water
? 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
? Juice and segments of 1 small orange
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Slice the pork into bite sized cubes, then place them in an oven safe pot over medium high flame.
- Add the sea salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, lime juice, orange juice and segments, onion, and bay leaf.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, uncovered. Once simmering, place the lid on the pot and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until pork can be shredded easily.
- Prepare the broiler. Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil.
- Take the pork out of the pot and transfer to the prepared pan.
- Collect the juices from the pot and discard the solids. Place over high flame and boil for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the shredded pork and mix well. Cook until heated through, then transfer back to the prepared pan. Spread out evenly.
- Set the oven rack on the middle section then place the pan of pork on it. Broil for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Turn the meat over and broil until browned and crisp. Serve with salad, if desired.