Oriental Pork Chops
Makes: 6 servings
Carbs per Serving: 3.17 grams
Protein per Serving: 0.5 grams
Fat per Serving: 0.6 grams
? 1 large star anise
? 6 garlic cloves, halved
? 2 lemongrass stalks, peeled and diced
? 6 boneless pork chops
? 1 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
? 3/4 Tbsp keto ketchup
? 1 1/2 Tbsp almond flour
? 3/4 Tbsp chili paste
? 2 tsp soy sauce
? 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
? 3/4 tsp peppercorns
? 3/4 tsp five spice
- Wrap a rolling pin in wax paper. Arrange the pork chops in a single layer on the kitchen counter and pound them until they are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Grind together the star anise and peppercorns in a food processor or using a mortar and pestle. Transfer to a saucer and set aside.
- Combine the halved garlic and lemon grass in the food processor or use a mortar and pestle to puree.
- Combine the fish sauce, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Stir in the five spice, star anise and pepper mixture, and the garlic and lemon grass mixture. Mix everything very well.
- Arrange the pork chops on a baking dish and pour the marinade over them. Turn several times to coat. Cover the dish and set aside for 2 hours or more at room temperature to marinate.
- Take the pork chops out of the marinade and dredge them in almond flour.
- Coat a heavy bottomed skillet with nonstick cooking spray, then place over medium high flame. Cook the pork chops for 5 minutes for each side or until golden brown, turning only once.
- Chop the pork chops into strips, then arrange on a platter.
- Combine the keto ketchup and chili paste in a dipping dish and serve alongside the pork chops.