Miso Beef and Zucchini
Makes: 4 to 5 servings
Carbs per Serving: 16.8 grams
Protein per Serving: 81 grams
Fat per Serving: 33.6 grams
? 1½lb flank steak
? 1½lb zucchini, julienned
? 4½tsp white miso paste
? 1 stick butter, at room temperature
? 1/3 cup water
? ¾Tbsp toasted sesame oil
? Sea salt
? Freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the miso paste and butter. Then cover and set aside.
- Lightly season the steak with salt and pepper, then grill over a charcoal or stovetop grill until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Wrap the steak with aluminium foil to keep warm, then set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the julienned zucchini in a bowl and add the water. Cover and steam for 2 minutes in the microwave, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Drain the steamed zucchini thoroughly, then add the sesame oil and toss gently to coat.
- Divide the zucchini into four servings on a serving plate.
- Slice the steak into thin strips across the grain. Divide among the four servings and lay on top of the zucchini.
- Spoon the miso and butter sauce on top, then serve right away.