Keto Spaghetti Bolognese
Makes: 6 servings
Carbs per Serving: 16.83 grams
Protein per Serving: 33.5 grams
Fat per Serving: 27.5 grams
? 12 thin slices of bacon
? 20 oz minced beef
? 1 large celery root, diced
? 1 large carrot, diced
? 1 large white onion, diced
? 1 1/2 cups unsweetened canned tomatoes
? 1/3 cup tomato paste
? 6 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
? 6 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
? 6 tsp dried oregano, chopped
? 3 bay leaves
? 6 small zucchini
? 3 cups bone or vegetable broth
? 3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
? 3 Tbsp butter
? 3 garlic cloves, minced
? 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
? Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium flame. Cook the bacon for 3 minutes, then remove from the pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Drain some of the grease from the skillet, then add the celery root, carrot, white onion, and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rosemary and oregano to the skillet and sauté everything until thoroughly combined. Stir in the minced beef and cook until lightly browned. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the canned tomatoes, breaking them up. Add the tomato paste and broth. Mix well, then cover and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Spiralized the zucchini into spaghetti strips or slice very thinly. A peeler can also be used. Place the noodles on a deep dish.
- Chop up the bacon and stir it into the sauce. Add the zucchini and mix well. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the spaghetti bolognese to a plate, then top with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve at once.