Makes: 16 servings (1 tablespoon each)
Carbs per Serving: .625 grams
Protein per Serving: 0.1875 grams
Fat per Serving: 10.5 grams
? 1 tsp mustard powder
? 1/2 tsp salt
? 1/16 tsp freshly ground black pepper
? 1/2 tsp coconut sugar or stevia
? 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
? 1 egg yolk, pasteurized
? 3/4 cup canola oil
? 1 Tbsp vinegar
- Pour ice cubes into a large bowl and place a smaller bowl in the center.
- Combine the mustard powder, salt, pepper coconut sugar or stevia, mustard, and 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice in the smaller bowl and mix very well using a whisk or an immersion blender.
- Beat in the egg yolk until smooth then gradually drizzle in 1/8 cup of canola oil as you continue to mix.
- Continue to mix until you get a thick consistency, then mix in the vinegar. Gradually pour in the remaining lemon juice and oil.
- Pour the mixture into a sterilized glass jar, seal, and refrigerate for up to 7 days.