Ginger Sesame Tuna Steak with Cauliflower Mash
Makes: 4 servings
Carbs per Serving: 2.5 grams
Protein per Serving: 65 grams
Fat per Serving: 3.25
? 4 tuna steaks
? 2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
? 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
? 1 tsp sesame oil
? 2 tsp soy sauce
? 2 tsp olive oil
For the Cauliflower Mash:
? 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
? ¾tsp minced garlic
? 1½Tbsp heavy cream
? 4 Tbsp butter
? 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
? 1½Tbsp sour cream
? 1½Tbsp cream cheese
? ¾tsp sea salt
? 1/3 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Set the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the sesame oil, olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and ginger in an ovenproof dish and mix well.
- Add the tuna steaks and turn over to coat. Cover the dish with aluminium foil and bake for 20 minutes, or until the tuna steaks are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of water over high flame. Place the cauliflower florets in and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower, then place in the food processor. Add the butter, cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Blend the cauliflower mixture until thick and creamy. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Check the tuna steaks for doneness. If cooked through, arrange on a serving dish and serve right away with the cauliflower mash.