Feta and Zucchini Frittata
Makes: 6 servings
Carbs per Serving: 5.2 grams
Protein per Serving: 6.67 grams
Fat per Serving: 11.67 grams
? 1 onion, minced
? 2 garlic cloves, minced
? 1 large carrot, finely chopped
? 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
? 1 large zucchini, finely chopped
? 1/2 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
? 4 Tbsp crumbled feta
? 6 eggs
? 1/2 cup cream
? 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Whisk the eggs and cream together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place a large frying pan over medium low flame and heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté the onion and garlic until onion becomes translucent. Add the finely chopped vegetables and sauté until tender. Transfer to a platter and set aside.
- Wipe the frying pan clean and place on the lowest possible heat setting. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then pour in a quarter of the egg mixture.
- Add half of the vegetable mixture and 2 tablespoons of feta. Pour another quarter of the egg mixture on top, then place a lid over the frying pan. Cook for 3 minutes, or until egg is set.
- Remove the lid from the frying pan and cook until frittata is golden. Transfer the frittata on a plate, then repeat the steps with the remaining egg and vegetable mixture.
- Serve at once with whipped cream and topped with chives, if desired.