Eggs Benedict with Keto Hollandaise Sauce
Makes: 4 servings
Carbs per Serving: 27.75 grams
Protein per Serving: 10.5 grams
Fat per Serving: 20.5 grams
? 8 slices bacon
? 8 eggs
? 2 tsp vinegar
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
? 4 eggs
? ½cup melted butter, at room temperature
? 3 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
? ½tsp sea salt
- First make the hollandaise sauce by beating the eggs together with the lemon juice until thickened in a heatproof bowl.
- Pour water into a pot and place over medium high flame. Once simmering, reduce to medium flame and carefully place the bowl over the steaming water.
- Hold the bowl with an oven mitt and whisk the eggs until thickened. Do not let the bowl touch the water.
- Gradually pour in the melted butter as you whisk until the mixture becomes a thick sauce.
- Season with salt, then mix well. Carefully set the bowl of sauce aside and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon to a crisp on a non-stick skillet, then place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Fill a saucepan with water and stir in the vinegar. Place over medium high flame and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to medium low flame.
- Carefully crack each egg into a small bowl, taking care not to break the yolks. Slip each egg into the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a plate. Drain excess liquid.
- To prepare the eggs benedict, halve each cooked bacon and place them on top of each poached egg. Spoon the chilled hollandaise sauce on top, then serve right away.