Egg and Sausage Breakfast Patties
Makes: 2 servings
Carbs per Serving: 10 grams
Protein per Serving: 49 grams
Fat per Serving: 66 grams
? 1 Tbsp olive oil
? ½lb breakfast pork sausage, crumble
? 2 large eggs
? 1 tsp minced fresh thyme
? Sea salt
? Freshly ground black pepper
? Optional: hot chilli sauce
- Combine the crumbled sausage with the thyme in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then mix well.
- Divide the sausage mixture into 4 portions, then shape into patties. Arrange on a platter and set aside.
- Place a cast iron skillet over medium high flame and heat through. Once hot, reduce to medium flame and add half the olive oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the patties and cook for 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Place on a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean and heat through over medium high flame.
- Once hot, reduce to medium flame and add the remaining olive oil. Swirl to coat.
- Break the eggs open into the skillet, then cover and cook for 3 minutes or until set.
- Place an egg over two patties, and add another patty on top. Serve right away.