Creamy Chicken Chilli
Makes: 6 servings
Carbs per Serving: 7.5 grams
Protein per Serving: 18.83 grams
Fat per Serving: 29.83 grams
? 1 lb ground chicken
? 2½cups chicken broth
? ¼cup butter
? 1 cup peeled and diced turnips
? ¾cup diced red bell pepper
? ¼cup diced yellow or orange bell pepper
? 1 cup chopped onion
? 2 garlic cloves, minced
? 1½oz diced green chillies
? 1 tsp dried oregano
? 1 tsp cumin
? ½tsp cayenne pepper
? 1 tsp chilli powder
? 8 oz sour cream
? 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
? ½tsp sea salt
? ½tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place a heavy bottom pot over medium high flame and heat through.
- Once hot, add the butter and swirl to coat. Then, stir in the onion and sautéuntil translucent.
- Stir in the bell pepper, garlic, green chillies, and turnips. Cook until turnips are tender.
- Stir in the ground chicken and cook until crumbled and browned. Then, add the chicken broth and mix well.
- Stir in the cayenne, cumin, chilli powder, and oregano. Increase to high flame and bring to a boil, then reduce to lowest possible flame.
- Cook the chilli for 4 hours, loosely covered, until thick and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Before serving, stir in the Cheddar cheese and sour cream. Best served hot.