Coco Choco Cupcakes
Makes: 18 pieces
Carbs per Serving: 20.33 grams
Protein per Serving: 4.44 grams
Fat per Serving: 26 grams
? 7 large eggs
? 1½cups coconut cream
? 1½tsp vanilla extract
? ¾cup coconut oil
? 6 oz cream cheese
? 6 oz butter
? 1¼cups powdered stevia
? ¾cup coconut flour
? 6 Tbsp cacao powder
? 1½tsp baking powder
? ¾tsp sea salt
? ¾cup heavy cream
? 3 oz dark chocolate, 75 percent cacao
? 9 pecans, halved
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F. line 18 muffin cups with paper liners, or use silicone cups. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs until foamy in a large mixing bowl. Gradually mix in 2 tablespoons of powdered stevia, then all the vanilla extract and coconut cream.
- In another bowl, combine the baking powder, salt, and coconut flour. Gradually mix this into the egg mixture until you have a thick batter.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups, and then bake for 20 minutes, or until firm. Set on a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over lightly boiling water. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining powdered stevia with the cream cheese, cacao powder, and butter. Mix well.
- Add the cooled melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and mix well. Transfer to a piping bag, or simply use a spoon to ice the cupcakes.
- Add the halved pecans on top of each cupcake, then serve right away