Chilli Chicken Casserole
Makes: 4 servings
Carbs per Serving: 3.5 grams
Protein per Serving: 49.25 grams
Fat per Serving: 28 grams
? ¾lb boneless chicken thighs
? 1½cups chicken broth
? 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
? 1 cup chopped roasted green chillies
? ½cup sour cream
? ½Tbsp minced garlic
? ¼cup diced onion
? 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
? 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
? Sea salt
? Freshly ground black pepper
- Set the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a heavy bottomed pot over high flame, then pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and add the chicken thighs. Simmer for 12 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking time.
- Transfer the cooked chicken into an oven-proof casserole and set aside to cool slightly.
- Once cooled, shred the chicken with two forks, then fold in the sour cream, onion, green chillies, garlic, cayenne pepper, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper, then mix well.
- Place the casserole into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the casserole from the oven and set on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Best served warm.