Makes: 6 servings
Carbs per Serving: 45.67 grams
Protein per Serving: 41.17 grams
Fat per Serving: 30.67 grams
? 14 skinless chicken thighs, diced
? 10 medium spring onions, sliced thinly
? 3 medium red bell peppers, sliced thinly
? 3/4 cup coconut milk or heavy cream
? 1 1/2 cups bone or vegetable broth
? 3 Tbsp paprika
? 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
? 3 Tbsp butter or coconut oil
? Sea salt
? 6 small Romaine lettuce heads
- Melt half the butter in a skillet over medium flame, then cook the diced chicken meat for about 10 minutes or until browned. Line a platter with paper and drain the cooked chicken on it. Set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean, then place over medium low flame and melt the remaining butter. Sauté the peppers and spring onions until lightly browned.
- Return the chicken to the pan, and then add the cayenne, paprika, and salt. Cook until thoroughly combined.
- Add the coconut milk or cream and the broth. Mix everything well until you get a desired consistency.
- Arrange the romaine lettuce on a platter and spoon the chicken taco filling on top of each. Wrap up and serve.