Chicken Stuffed with Bacon and Spinach
Makes: 6 servings
Carbs per Serving: 3 grams
Protein per Serving: 68.83 grams
Fat per Serving: 39.67 grams
? 1 1/2 lb boneless chicken thighs
? 7 bacon sliced
? 3 Tbsp butter
? 2 1/4 cups spinach
? 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
? 1 1/4 cups cream cheese, room temperature
? 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
? 1/3 tsp salt
? 1/3 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Set the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the bacon slices in a single layer on a baking sheet, making sure that they are not crowded. Bake for 12 minutes, and then set aside to cool.
- Place a skillet over medium high flame and melt the butter. Sauté the garlic and spinach until spinach wilts then set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the spinach and cream cheese. Chop the bacon and add into the mixture.
- Place the chicken thighs on a baking sheet and lay each out flat. Spoon the spinach mixture onto each piece, then sprinkle the Swiss cheese on top.
- Close the thighs and insert toothpicks to seal. Season with salt and pepper and arrange on a baking dish.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.