Chicken Enchilada Soup
Makes: 4 servings
Carbs per Serving: 15.5 grams
Protein per Serving: 26.25 grams
Fat per Serving: 55.75 grams
? 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
? 2 tsp dried oregano
? 2 tsp chili powder
? 1/2 Tbsp cumin
? 1 tsp cayenne pepper
? 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
? Juice from 1 medium lime
? 1/4 cup olive oil
? 6 celery stalks, diced
? 2 medium red bell peppers, diced
? 4 tsp garlic minced
? 8 cups chicken broth
? 2 cups dice tomatoes
? 16 oz cream cheese
- Place a skillet over medium flame and the olive oil. Sauté the celery and pepper for 2 minutes or until tender. Add the tomatoes and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the oregano, chili, cumin, and cayenne. Sauté until fragrant, then add the broth and cilantro. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded chicken and lime juice. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve at once, preferably topped with chopped cilantro.