Cheesy Sausage and Mushroom Breakfast Patties
Makes: 2 servings
Carbs per Serving: 13.5 grams
Protein per Serving: 30 grams
Fat per Serving: 38.5 grams
? 2 Tbsp olive oil
? ½cup crumbled breakfast sausage
? 4 Portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills discarded
? 2 slices American cheese
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium flame and heat through. Once hot, add the olive oil and swirl to coat.
- Place the Portobello mushroom caps in the hot skillet, cooking for 3 minutes per side or until browned all over. Set aside on a platter.
- Meanwhile, divide the crumbled breakfast sausage into two equal portions and mold into patties.
- Place another skillet over medium high flame and cook the patties for 3 minutes per side. After turning over, place a slice of American cheese on top of each patty, cover, and cook for 1 minute or until cheese has melted.
- Carefully place each patty with the cheese on top of one mushroom cap, then place another mushroom cap on top to form?burgers.?Serve right away.