Cheesy Pork Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Makes: 4 servings
Carbs per Serving: 5 grams
Protein per Serving: 49.5 grams
Fat per Serving: 69.75 grams
? 2 large Poblano peppers, seeded and halved lengthwise
? ¾lb ground pork
? 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
? ¾cup shredded cheddar cheese
? ¾tsp chilli powder
? ¾cup low carb salsa
? Sour cream
- Set the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place a skillet over high flame and heat through.
- Once hot, reduce to medium flame and add the ground pork, chillipowder, and olive oil. Sautéuntil pork is completely brown, crumbled, and cooked through.
- Turn off the heat and fold in the cheese until melted. Set aside.
- Pour the salsa into a baking dish and carefully place the halved peppers on top of the salsa, open sides facing up.
- Spoon the pork filling into each halved pepper, and then bake for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Carefully remove from the oven, then arrange on a serving dish. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spoon sour cream on top, then serve warm.