Buffalo Wings with Bleu Cheese Dip
Makes: 6 servings
Carbs per Serving: 0.67 grams
Protein per Serving: 12.67 grams
Fat per Serving: 9 grams
? 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
? 1 1/2 tsp salt
? 2/3 tsp freshly ground black pepper
? 3 lb chicken wings
? 1/3 cup hot sauce
? 1 1/2 Tbsp melted butter
? 1/3 tsp cayenne pepper
? 3/4 Tbsp butter
? 3/4 Tbsp almond flour
? 1 Tbsp chicken broth
? 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
? 1 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
? 3 oz bleu cheese
- To make the sauce, place a saucepan over medium high flame and melt the butter. Stir in the almond flour, then set heat to low and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, and almond milk. Whisk well then set heat to medium.
- Stir in the bleu cheese until melted, then transfer into a dipping bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour or more.
- Set the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the olive oil with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/3 teaspoon black pepper. Toss in the wings to coat.
- Arrange the wings on two to three baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, or until skin is crisp.
- In a bowl, combine the hot sauce, cayenne, melted butter, and remaining salt and pepper. Place the baked wings in the mixture and toss to coat.
- Line a platter with parchment paper and place the buffalo wings on top. Place the bowl of dip next to the platter and serve.