Makes: 6 servings
Carbs per Serving: 65.33 grams
Protein per Serving: 99.17 grams
Fat per Serving: 48 grams
? 2 tsp cumin
? 1 tsp chili powder
? 1 tsp garlic powder
? 1 tsp onion powder
? 1/2 tsp paprika
? 1/2 tsp salt
? 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
? 2 lb skirt steak
? 6 Tbsp olive oil
? 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
? 4 cloves garlic, minced
? 2 onions, sliced
? 2 red bell peppers, sliced
? 2 green bell peppers, sliced
? 4 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
? 2 limes, quartered
? 6 almond or coconut flour tortillas
- Combine the seasonings in a bowl then toss in the steak to coat, rubbing the mixture into the meat very well. Set aside.
- Place a skillet over medium high flame and heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté the peppers, garlic and onion for 6 minutes, then scrape into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of olive oil and sear the steak for 5 minutes per side. Transfer onto a plate and set aside to cool then slice into thin strips.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet. Scrape the pepper mixture back into the skillet and sauté for 1 minute. Add the steak strips and cook until browned. Toss in the cilantro and turn off the heat.
- Serve the fajitas on top of the tortillas with lime wedges on the side.