Barbecue Chicken Soup
Makes: 6 servings
Carbs per Serving: 10 grams
Protein per Serving: 17.5 grams
Fat per Serving: 19.67 grams
? 6 chicken thighs
? 1 1/4 tsp chili seasoning
? 4 Tbsp olive oil or chicken fat
? 3 cups chicken broth
? 3 cups beef broth
? 1/2 cup keto ketchup
? 1/2 cup tomato paste
? 4 Tbsp Dijon mustard
? 2 Tbsp hot sauce
? 2 Tbsp soy sauce
? 1 1/2 Tbsp liquid smoke
? 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
? 3 tsp garlic powder
? 2 tsp chili powder
? 2 tsp onion powder
? 2 tsp cumin
? 2 tsp red chili flakes
? 1/2 cup butter
? Sea salt
? Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Remove the bones from the chicken thighs, and then season both sides with chili seasoning.
- Arrange the chicken thighs on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes.
- Place a pot over medium flame and heat the olive oil or chicken fat. Add the chicken bones and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and beef broths, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool. Pour the fat that has collected on the baking sheet into the pot.
- In a bowl, combine the ketchup, tomato paste, mustard, hot sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, chili, onion, and garlic powders, cumin, and red chili flakes.
- Add the ketchup mixture into the pot, followed by the butter. Stir and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the chicken thighs and shred the meat. Stir into the soup and mix well. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve. If desired, deep fry chicken skins and crumble on top of soup before serving.