Baked Trout with Swiss Chard
Makes: 6 servings
Carbs per Serving: 9.83 grams
Protein per Serving: 41.17 grams
Fat per Serving: 1.83 grams
? 6 trout, cleaned (8 oz each)
? 6 fresh fennel sprigs
? 6 fresh dill sprigs
? 3 lb Swiss chard, cleaned and leaves removed from stems
? 6 Tbsp butter
? 6 Tbsp olive oil
? 1 1/2 lemons, quartered
? 6 Tbsp white wine or dry vermouth
? Sea salt
? Black pepper
- Set the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Season the insides of each trout with salt and pepper, then stuff with dill and fennel sprigs. Brush olive oil on the trout.
- Cut out six sheets of aluminum foil and place one trout on top of each sheet.
- Chop the Swiss chard stems into 2-inch pieces and slice the leaves into 1 1/2 inch strips, crosswise. Divide the Swiss chard among the sheets of foil and place on top of each trout.
- Season the trout and Swiss chard with salt and pepper and drizzle the remaining olive oil on top. Pat butter on top of each.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top of each Swiss chard and trout then add the white wine or vermouth. Tightly seal the foil.
- Arrange the packets on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Take out the baking sheet from the oven and carefully remove the packets. Set aside to cool a bit before unsealing. Open up each packet and serve immediately.